The Seattle Department of Neighborhoods, in partnership with The Seattle Globalist, will be hosting a free full-day workshop on startup media skills and the basics of business models for journalism.
The workshop will take place on September 23, 9am – 5pm at the 2100 Building (2100 24th Ave S. in Seattle).
Sessions will include:
- Welcome and networking breakfast
- Identifying your target audience and their information needs
- Funding sources for media startups
- Building your own media outlet
- Hands-on workshop time with facilitators to map out your resources, next steps, and additional needs
You can pre-register for the event at bit.ly/ethnic-media.
If you have questions or would like more information, send an email to PACE@seattle.gov.