Join us as we launch our new workshop for Ethnic Media Startups. This will be a free full-day workshop focused on building your startup media skills, teaching you the basics of business models for journalism, and getting you connected to the local media industry.
The workshop will take place on September 23, 9am – 5pm at the 2100 Building (2100 24th Ave S. in Seattle).
Sessions will include:
- Welcome and networking breakfast
- Identifying your target audience and their information needs
- Funding sources for media startups
- Building your own media outlet
- Hands-on workshop time with facilitators to map out your resources, next steps, and additional needs
- Plus, a vendor lunch where you can learn about products and services available to support your startup
Register for the event at bit.ly/ethnic-media.
If you have questions or would like more information, send an email to PACE@seattle.gov.
Also, if you are a media vendor looking to get your products and services in front of diverse ethnic media outlets and nonprofit community organizations, be sure to sign up to be a vendor at our lunch hour from 12-1pm. This will be a special opportunity to meet and connect with new potential clients face-to-face.