UPDATED with times & locations
Come visit Seattle Department of Neighborhoods (DON) staff as we transform parking spots into mini-parks for PARK(ing) Day, Seattle’s annual celebration that encourages creative placemaking and raises awareness about the importance of walkable, livable, and healthy communities.
PARK(ing) Day is celebrated across the world as a way to reinvision spaces created for cars into spaces created for people. This year’s event will take place on Friday, September 15.
DON staff members will host 11 parklets located in 10 different neighborhoods across the City: Central Area, Chinatown-International District, Beacon Hill, Wallingford, Lake City, Columbia City, Crown Hill, South Park, Pike Place Market, and Pioneer Square. We will be “sPARKing Conversations” with you to hear your ideas for your neighborhood and the city. We’ll also be ready with information and resources on how to tap into city programs to help your ideas come alive.
sPARKing Conversations Locations & Times
- Central Area: 9am – 12pm, 2323 E Cherry St
- Chinatown-International District: 11-1pm, 423 Maynard Ave S
- Beacon Hill: 10am – 1pm, 16th Ave S & Roberto Maestas Festival St
- Wallingford: 11am – 1pm, 401 NE Northlake Way
- Lake City: 11am – 1pm, 12513 Lake City Way NE
- Columbia City: 11am – 1pm, 4800 37th Ave S (in front of Gateway Park)
- Crown Hill: 11am – 1pm, 8343 15th Ave NW
- South Park: 12 – 4pm, 8617 14th Ave S
- Immaculate P-Patch: 10am – 3pm, SE Corner of E. Columbia & 18th Ave
- Pioneer Square: 11am – 2pm, Yesler & 1st Ave
- Pike Place Market: 11am – 2pm, 93 Pike Place
Every location will be different – with activities and treats. Stop by and say Hi!