The Seattle Office of Arts & Culture (ARTS) and the Seattle Department of Neighborhoods (DON) partnered to increase and broaden offerings on Spacefinder Seattle, a website designed to connect organizations, community groups, and artists to spaces. The tool provides information on more than 400 rooms, halls, and venues for meetings, events, workshops, rehearsals, performances, and presentations. Spacefinder Seattle can be found online at www.SpacefinderSeattle.org.
WANT TO ADD YOUR SPACE TO SPACEFINDER?
Originally developed by ARTS for artists seeking space, Spacefinder has been expanded to help community groups and nonprofit organizations find lower-cost spaces. In addition, Spacefinder has been upgraded to include:
- expanded space types and amenity filters for meetings/meet-ups, workshops/classes and office spaces
- more filters for accessibility features in rental spaces
- ability to indicate and search rental spaces that are free or subsidized
- ability to open in google maps to view rental space locations and other map features
- additional venues such as restaurants, coffee shops, and breweries with spaces for meet-ups
There are no fees associated with using or listing on the site, which is underwritten by the Office of Arts & Culture and Seattle Department of Neighborhoods.