Mayor Murray’s Find It, Fix It Community Walks provide a unique opportunity for community members to identify neighborhood needs and discuss challenges directly with City leaders. The sixth walk this year will be held in the Crown Hill and Whittier Heights neighborhoods on Saturday, November 19th (rescheduled from October 15).
Crown Hill / Whittier Heights Find It, Fix It Community Walk
Saturday, November 19th
Sign-in and refreshments provided by Starbucks from 10:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Walk from 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Meet at Baker Park: 8347 14th Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98117
10:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Sign-in and refreshments at Baker Park
- The Mobile Customer Service Center will be on site at Baker Park to provide services and information prior to the walk.
11:00 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
- Welcome remarks from Mayor Ed Murray
11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- Walk will follow this route (map):
- North on Mary Ave NW
- North on 13th Ave NW
- Southwest on Holman Rd NW
- West on NW 90th St
- South on 17th Ave NW
- East on NW 85th St
12:15 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Walk concludes at NW 85th St and 15th Ave NW
- Department representatives and City staff available for follow-up questions
In partnership with Cities of Service, the City will offer up to $5,000 in grants for community-led projects to each 2016 Find It, Fix It Walk neighborhood. The Crown Hill / Whittier Heights Community Project Grant Application will be available in seven languages at www.seattle.gov/finditfixit from Thursday, November 10 to Monday, November 28. If you have an idea for a project in Crown Hill or Whittier Heights, please apply!
Participants can use the Find It, Fix It mobile app on the walk. This smartphone app offers mobile users one more way to report selected issues to the City. Make sure to download the app before the walk.