Join the City of Seattle for CityScoop, a fun way to share your ideas with City staff while enjoying free ice cream. The City has important topics on which we need your input, so we invite you to relax in our tents, provide us your feedback, and enjoy a free treat courtesy of Full Tilt Ice Cream.
CityScoop will be open from 1 – 3pm on Saturday, August 13. You’ll find us on Rainier Avenue S. between Hudson and Brandon Streets just south of the Rainier Valley Heritage Festival and on the route of Summer Parkways 2016, the fun family biking event and party. Translators will be on hand to assist visitors as well.
A few of the topics shared under our big tent will include:
- Discussion on the best ways for the city to engage with you
- New and creative uses for neighborhood streets
- Information on the city’s plan for walking safely in neighborhoods
- Next steps in affordable housing
- Sharing transportation investments happening around your neighborhood
- Information on discounted bus passes and car sharing for low-income residents
After visiting CityScoop, make sure to stop by Big Day of Play at Rainier Community Center presented by Seattle Parks and Recreation.