Magnolia Admiral’s House designated a City Landmark

The City’s Landmarks Preservation Board designated the Admiral’s House in Magnolia at its August 18 meeting. The Colonial Revival style house, built in 1944, was acknowledged as a primary symbol of the important role that the U.S. Navy played in Seattle from World War II until the 1990’s. Prominently sited above Elliott Bay and Smith Cove, it is easily visible from downtown, Queen Anne and Elliott Bay.  Click here to read nomination, here for graphics and here to read the King 5 story on the designation.