Updated March 19, 2018
Seattle Department of Neighborhoods will be hosting open houses throughout the city to provide everyone the opportunity to look at the revised Mandatory Housing Affordability maps and learn more about livability in Seattle.
These open houses are a great chance to talk with City staff from various departments, connect with your neighbors, and share information. All ages are welcome, so feel free to bring the kids. We will have complimentary food and beverages.
Need a refresher on Mandatory Housing Affordability (MHA) before the open house? MHA is a new policy to ensure that growth brings affordability. MHA will require new development to include affordable homes or contribute to a City fund for affordable housing. To put MHA into effect, the City of Seattle needs to make zoning changes that add development capacity and expand housing choices. Learn more at seattle.gov/hala.
Citywide Open Houses
- District 4 Open House: January 30, 6-8pm at Hamilton International Middle School
- District 5 + 6 Open House: February 28, 6-8pm at Whitman Middle School Cafeteria
- District 3 + 7 Open House: March 29, 6-8pm at Washington Hall
- District 2 Open House: April 28, 10am-12pm at New Holly Gathering Hall
- District 1 Open House: May 9, 6-8pm at Louisa Boren K-8
Also, mark your calendars for the upcoming Seattle City Council public hearings regarding Mandatory Housing Affordability.
Seattle City Council Public Hearings on MHA