Come visit Seattle Department of Neighborhoods (DON) staff as we turn boring parking spots into awesome hang-outs for PARK(ing) Day!
PARK(ing) Day is an annual global placemaking event in which community members lead the temporary transformation of parking spaces into people spaces. Seattle’s participation in PARK(ing) Day gives residents an opportunity to reimagine how streets can be used. This year’s event will take place on Friday, September 21.
DON staff members will be hosting six pop-ups located in several neighborhoods across the City. We will be “sPARKing Conversations” with you on what you love about your neighborhood and listening to any ideas you might have for making it better. We’ll also have fun games, activities, craft projects, and more!
Join us on Friday, September 21 at:
- North Beacon Hill: 1-4pm (2800 block of Beacon Ave S)
- Capitol Hill: 1-4pm (600 block of E Pike St)
- West Seattle: 12-3pm (5444 Delridge Way SW)
- U District: 1-4pm (1400 block of NE 42nd St)
- Lake City: 1-4pm (12513 Lake City Way NE)
- Rainier Beach: 1-4pm (5280 S Henderson St)