There is a new way for neighbors to learn about and weigh-in on new development in your neighborhood. The Early Community Outreach for Design Review program came into effect on July 1st, 2018 and requires developers to notify residents and businesses of new multi-family, mixed-use or commercial projects in their neighborhoods and elicit community input early in the design and permitting process.
We are guessing that some of you have questions about all of this.
Here are the basics:
- How does this new process affect me and my neighbors? Developers are now required to reach out to nearby neighbors, community organizations, and small businesses of new projects by at least one printed, one digital and one in-person outreach method. This gives you an opportunity to learn about new developments and give input very early on in the process.
- How do I find out about events and projects happening in my neighborhood? Visit the Early Outreach for Design Review Projects Blog where you can search by region or neighborhood to find basic project information and developer contact info. You can also go to the Early Community Outreach for Design Review Calendar to find out about nearby meetings that developers are hosting.
Learn more at our upcoming information sessions:
Early Community Outreach for Design Review Information Sessions
All sessions will be open house from 6-8pm with a presentation and Q&A from 6:30-7:15pm.
- October 22, Filipino Community Center, 5740 Martin Luther King Jr Way S
- October 25, Good Shepard Center, 4649 Sunnyside Ave N
- October 30, Washington Hall, 153 14th Ave